« Home | I sure hope this'll be better... » | So what are Marvel's financial results for 2005? » | A comic book about copyrights » | Sexual harrassment in the real life industry » | Famous Jewish Superheroes » | Interviewing Stan Lee in a Jeep Cherokee » | Sorry, but that's just more moral equivalence » | Scott Beatty was lucky » | NY Times propagates for Islam in comics field again » | Geoff Johns slaughters the Zoo Crew » 

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 

Comics4Kids finds success

The Tacoma News-Tribune writes about Dale Moore and Jason McKibbin's Comics4Kids donations:
He [McKibbin] and Moore, friends since their student days at Stadium High School in the late 1980s, worked in the industry and had more comics than they knew what to do with.

After the neighborhood kids’ positive reaction, they knew exactly what to do.

They founded Comics4Kids and started giving comic books to kids of all ages through word of mouth. Moore, also 34, said he gives them to anyone who makes an honest request on a child’s behalf.

“Comic books bridge the gap between children’s books and novels,” he said. “It is the exact medium we need to encourage kids’ reading skills and imagination.”

Six years ago, Moore turned his attention to Comics4Kids full time. He works out of his Bonney Lake home on a charity that has turned into a family operation. Over the years he estimates his wife, Sheri, and their sons, Jerry and Damien, have helped distribute 300,000 comic books locally and nationwide.

Moore has filled requests from art teachers, community centers and hospitals. Even a cash-strapped grandfather got a few dozen.
Well now, that's certainly nice. I'm glad to know that there is indeed someone who's making sure today's youth knows about the existance of comic books.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.