« Home | Quesada still can't shake his biases: now he decla... » | Robin the Teen Fugitive Suspect » | Comics hero as a school mascot » | Top five Roger Stern Avengers storylines » | Miller explained just what's lacking - and needed ... » | C for Continuing Controversy » | It's D for disaster alright. A for Abomination too » | Quad Cities has its first comics convention » | Million dollar Manga » | Here's someone who found inspiration through comics » 

Sunday, April 02, 2006 

Doom Patrol reinstated properly in the DCU

Though with the way it's being done, post-Infinite Crisis, I can't help but wonder if it was almost...deliberate? CBR interviews Tony Daniel, and through him, this is explained:
The emotional level of "Teen Titans" will be heightened during "One Year Later" by appearances from a number of characters, many of whom will be sporting new looks courtesy of Daniel. "So far with the first arc, I've been drawing the Brotherhood of Evil and the Doom Patrol," Daniel stated. "All of the Doom Patrol has been redesigned and so have the Brotherhood of Evil. So, I've already been able to put my stamp on some of these characters and feel at home with them. There are also some new villains Geoff created for the Brotherhood. It's been a lot of fun for me. I've also redesigned all of the Teen Titans, eccept for Cyborg, but I'm still trying to see if I can tweak him down the road. Kid Devil is a new character. We worked together to find the right look for him. I think he'll grow on people quickly."
Well sheesh! How come only now, did they actually get around to stressing Gar Logan's ties and origins with the DP? Was all that John Byrne baloney from two years ago really that necassary?

I think the fact that they all but seemed to omit the history of the Doom Patrol from the DCU two years ago really hurt the quality of the stories, and it certainly did make them look silly, my growing disillusionment with Johns notwithstanding. And if they want to really be taken seriously, that's why DC is going to have to stop sacrificing something to solely please a writer who's acting out of self-interests, instead of trying to please the readers.

With that said, I do wonder, is Johns going to feature the Fearsome Five? IIRC, only a cameo was given to them (Mammoth and Gizmo) two years ago.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.