« Home | Interview with artist Jerry DeCaire » | An example of favoratism and double-standards » | Comics Creators on X-Men » | Someone obviously didn't read anything about Ra's ... » | The real reason why Superman would be better than ... » | Manga/Anime clubs in Boston » | Third X-Men movie may not be the last » | Getting what the Hulk is about » | Oh well. Guess I'll just have to take back what I ... » | Ben Grimm's new solo book cancelled. Will Ms. Marv... » 

Sunday, May 28, 2006 

Interview with Barry Windsor-Smith

The artist who worked on Conan, and the X-Men, is interviewed in the Poughkeepsie Journal, in preparation for an exhibition in Kingston, where he's been living for many years (he's a native of Britain and moved to the US later in life). He says:
...I quit reading comics in the mid-1980s. That was the founding time of the still prevalent reign of idiotic and disturbing violence over memorable stories with interesting characters.
I'm not entirely sure, but he may be right there. Violence was on the rise even then, and by now, it certainly can't be disputed that comics have become way too violent.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.