« Home | The flaccid outlines of a comic book adaptation of... » | Topps plummets to Bottoms » | Funny Mallard Fillmore strip about DC's steps with... » | Unpublished issue of Fantastic Four is now going t... » | There, that's it! The perfect template » | Trying out a new template » | Spider-Man 3 trailers now online » | Islamists are apparently afraid of Superman! » | Geoff Johns must be trying to rip off Young Avengers » | This sounds like a lot of artwork talent, far more... » 

Thursday, July 27, 2006 

An online comic taken down because of death threats (update: it's back up again!)

I'd wanted to write about this earlier, but was so busy I was unable to, and ended up forgetting until now. From Infidel Bloggers Alliance, here's an entry about an online webcomic site called IslamComicBook.Com that was taken down some time ago because of death threats (update: but which, fortunately, as I just discovered, is back again now!).

The text from the site:
Greetings,

It is with great regret that I must go into hiding.

This is a result of the multiple death threats I have received for my comic book, which depicts the truth about the teachings of the prophet Mohammed. I am earnestly confused about this matter. I have spoken honestly and truthfully about Islam and its teachings. All quotes in the comic book are directly from the Qu'ran and the agreed Hadiths.

Why does a religion of peace seek to kill me for being honest? What do they have to hide?

I hope to return when I am free to speak once again.

Abdullah Aziz
(Author or the World Renowned Comic Book, "Mohammed's Believe It or Else!"
So there you have it, an example of how Islamofascism sought to deny free speech for a webcomic. Fortunately, FaithFreedom.Org has a copy of it available which I recommend for reading.

There's an important lesson to be learned from this, that, comic books too are one of the forms of communication that radical Islam is targeting in its attempt to silence free speech. Anyone who's a devoted comics fan would be well advised to be on the lookout for if Islam tries to target even American comic books, both in print and online.

Update: whoa, now this is fortunate to learn! The website is now back up, and it looks like an additional one is in the works too. I'm glad to see that they didn't let those cannibals scare them. Bravo, infidels!

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.