« Home | The top 15 unintentionally funny comic book panels » | Booster Gold to get a new series » | To them, this may be "it", but to me, it ain't » | I agree/disagree with IGN about Ms. Marvel » | What are the reasons for comics declining? Not exa... » | Anti-conservatism in the 1980s » | Article about Tim Sale » | Marvel mishandled retailing sales of Captain Ameri... » | 300 is a success, but there's liberals and a surpr... » | Comics may have gone too far in how they deal with... » 

Saturday, March 24, 2007 

The Ice princess cometh back

I think that Gail Simone may have scored some credibility in bringing back a onetime female character who'd been killed off in the mid-90s, in Birds of Prey #104. She mentions it in this interview.

If so, and if Ice is back not only to remain alive, but also to have the possiblity of development realized, then both she and DC have done something good by bringing back one of their female cast members for a change.

However, there's still more damage that needs to be mended, or, more female characters who need to be brought back and un-vilified. I don't suppose maybe they're willing to deal with that already?

Update: great! I obtained a picture of this! Very important, if you ask me. Now, I should hope that they're going to fully honest about this and return Tora to being a regular character (but also a bright, upbeat character, I think. That's something that's lacking in quite a few places today).

Update 2: on the other hand, if there's something that deserves a big thumbs down, it's the 29th issue of Manhunter. How predictable, I figure, that it wasn't really Ted Kord, but rather, this crook called Everyman(!) who appeared in 52. And if the tone of Manhunter is dark, that's why I don't see much point in supporting this book.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.