« Home | Teacher in New England who wrote comic book » | Going on a vacation to Eilat for three days » | Museum with comics in Arizona » | Did Raven screw up when she got a tattoo? » | Well, that was an ordeal, but fortunately, I think... » | Oh great, the template isn't working now » | Here's something amusing » | Anti-marriage sentiments seem to be floating aroun... » | Psychoanalyzers » | Thanks, Bob Harras, for bringing back Aunt May... » 

Monday, September 24, 2007 

A search that may take ages

I'm not surprised that the "search for Ray Palmer" is apparently going to be stretching quite a bit, even going as far as the Wildstorm universe, and it sounds to me like an attempt to fleece the money of those who're hoping for something that'll lead to a real payoff (or, bait-and-switch). The writer dealing with this particular saga is Ron Marz, and here's where the near-comedy comes in:
THE PULSE: Who do you think are some of the writers who helped define the character of Ray Palmer?

MARZ: Obviously Gardner Fox was the guy who made Ray Palmer who he is. Other writers have handled Ray down through the years, but he's still to great extent the same character that Gardner established. I do have to admit to a real fondness for Jan Strnad's "Sword of the Atom" stuff as well.

THE PULSE: How does their past work influence the work you're doing now with the character?

MARZ: To tell you the truth, I'm not doing a great deal with Ray Palmer himself. My focus is really the characters who are searching for him, meaning Donna Troy, Jason Todd and Kyle Rayner. There's an interesting dynamic between the three of them -- Kyle and Jason barely tolerate each other, and they both have an eye for Donna. It makes for a prickly situation.
Ho, I'll bet! And it makes for boredom after awhile if this is how things are going to go. Plus, I'm not sure if either of them is worthy of Donna. But if Marz isn't doing anything with Ray, and if this is going to take an epoch to finish up - and I wouldn't be surprised if that'll be the case - then I don't think I'm particularly eager to read about these 2-3 travelling around and possibly bickering.

I should've known that this was going to be a trick to fleece people's money, and that's all the more reason why I'd advise against buying this Countdown joke.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.