« Home | The resurfacing of the Memin Pinguin controversy » | Another manga article » | Will Johns and Kolins reach legendary status? By n... » | Batman's plausibility with the real world » | Muriel Kubert, RIP » | Too many funeral books » | Even if Gwen Stacy's "kids" had been Peter's too, ... » | The mobile manga market » | The Infinity Inc usurpers come to an end » | The All-New Atom's finale: what was the whole point? » 

Monday, July 21, 2008 

Makes sense...

On the Dixonverse forum, they talk about if DC is making a mistake (they are) to kill of characters who were originally Charlton creations, and one of them says:
But I think it's stupid nonetheless! Especially a character like The Question who is a one of a kind original. I didn't realize he was supposed to be dead, but I did see they had the all new bastardized Montoya as The Question. (I used to like her back in BTAS.) They should call her The Rhetorical Question.

I really don't see the point of killing a character for no reason just to replace that character immediately with someone else to make a less interesting, less effective version. Really, is the teenage Blue Beetle with the armor as good as the original? Does Montoya look as good dressed in the hat and trenchcoat as Vic did? He had a bit of an iconic look to him.
Again, I think I've found the perfect point made about what's wrong with some of these forced replacements, and it's not just that Vic Sage and Ted Kord were killed off for the sake of exaggarated diversity, but that it was all done rather hastily too. And maybe that's why, in the end, these replacements are not likely to last long.

And what's the point of replacing a guy who usually wore a spandex costume with one who wears armor plates? That's being as trendy as the ghastly Joel Shumacher's 1997 movie of Batman Returns, one of the worst renditions of the Masked Manhunter ever. Thank goodness the current Dark Knight movie avoids any of those stupid things.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.