« Home | Predictably, this year and next just yields "darke... » | David Michelinie will be interviewed on Delaware R... » | Roger Stern turns against MJ » | Secret Invasion #8: Brian Bendis trods on the Wasp » | It looks like Scarlet Witch has resurfaced » | Baltimore's Super Art Fight » | Superman's significance reduced by Kandorian entry... » | Revolutionary war comic » | How comics can teach science » | Why so many recent comics have become padded » 

Sunday, December 28, 2008 

And the replacements for Geoff Johns on JSA are...

Bill Willingham and Matt Sturges, the former who wrote some of the worst Robin stories in recent years, the death-at-the-time of Stephanie Brown included. Maybe he's got some energy to spare in Fables, but on the more mainstream books he's written for DC, he's got none, and his recent writing efforts, DCU: Decisions to name but one, have sold very low, deservedly so.

So, I don't expect Justice Society to improve by much, if at all.

Update: speaking of Willingham, it seems he's contributed an item on the new Big Hollywood site, a venture of Andrew Breitbart, where he talks about "superhero decadence" and how it's ruined comic books. He even notes how he's a conservative. But as much as I'd like to appreciate that, I'm afraid it falls way short, because it doesn't go deep enough.

Also, if he's going to even work as a hired hand in writing a story that's degrading to women, as the War Games story was in 2004 when Stephanie Brown was killed, how am I for one supposed to truly appreciate his standings? Doesn't that clash with his conservative views? Let that serve as an example of how I'm not going to just throw my weight in and support him at all costs.

Also, lest we forget, it was wrong of Willingham to insult his audience, as he did a few years ago after Batman: War Crimes was released. That's conservative?

Update: some more embarrassing news about Willingham: while the Bat-story where he mistreated Leslie Thompkins has been nullified since 2008, Willingham hasn't done much on his part to make anyone appreciate him better. In 2010, if this item is correct, he made another ill-advised statement about fangirls. I figure that if Willingham has any particular problem, it's that he's a loose cannon, and doesn't know when manners and respectability can pay off. A real shame.

Labels: , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.