« Home | JSA's left-wing sucker punch » | Denny O'Neil in Asheville » | Less pages will be more of a mistake » | JMS's poor depictions of women in Thor » | DC and Marvel lowering prices - but also story pag... » | Superman needs to reclaim the American Way » | When Hawkman had a sumliminated political message ... » | 1 in 4 readers over age of 65 » | Dan Buckley doesn't have the courage to admit the ... » | Will the Flash movie adaptation be like a horror s... » 

Monday, October 18, 2010 

Geoff Johns making the same mistake as Bill Jemas

He slammed Marvel's heroes in the movie biz, which I don't think is a good idea:
At the New York Comic Con this weekend, The Superman SuperSite reports that DC Entertainment Creative Director Geoff Johns reiterated Nelson's comments while adding his personal feelings about Marvel Studios.

"I'm going to speak frankly," Johns told the crowd. "I think our characters are bigger than Marvel's." Johns continued that DC would work on building up the individual characters in their comic book movie universe, rather than "smashing them together."
I'm afraid that's taking a risk there of sounding like Bill Jemas when he was Marvel's exploitative manager. Yes, DC's creations are great, but then so are Marvel's, and it's really not in good form for one company representative to put down the other's. But I guess we really can't expect much else from a writer who's got little respect for the DCU cast he's been allowed to work on, and who's done more to smash them apart, in contrast to his whole argument against smashing "together".

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.