« Home | Marv Wolfman on the spread of crossovers » | Greg Rucka suddenly speaks out against the dark » | AM NY's superficial coverage of DC reboot » | Nashua Telegraph fawns over DC's reboot » | Patrick Zircher is suggesting Marvel do a line-wid... » | Here goes DiDio blabbering about Superman reboot i... » | Comic stores becoming barren of readers, and no gu... » | Brian Azzarello turning Wonder Woman into horror t... » | Grant Morrison scuttles his own argument on Identi... » | The launch of JManga » 

Saturday, September 03, 2011 

DC terminates the Flash marriage for sake of more PC

It's not just Clark Kent and Lois Lane's marriage that's being wiped away - now, it turns out that Barry Allen and Iris West's marriage is being erased as well, so that he can now be dating one of his lab assistants, Patty Spivot.

Not only is this just as insulting as the end of the Spider-Marriage and the Super-marriage, I wouldn't be surprised if this'll explain just what's happened to Wally West and Linda Park's marriage, both of whom have been completely obscured over the past 2 years. It was ill-advised to come up with children for them, but now, they're going beyond the pale by throwing out the superhero couple who were embraced by plenty since the original death of Barry in 1985. The best way to react to this would be to avoid this relaunch just like many have avoided the Spidey titles - and potentially the Super titles - since the damage inflicted upon them.

Labels: ,

I'm guessing Wally will be back as Kid Flash, and Impulse is gone from the New Coke DCU.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.