« Home | Does Mark Waid know what he's saying anymore? » | Grant Morrison's subtle anti-war statement for Din... » | The problems with vicious cultists in fandom » | Bill Finger does deserve credit as Batman's co-cre... » | Tragedy at Dark Knight Rises screening in Colorado » | John Boot says the Dark Knight Rises lives up well... » | Ben Shapiro makes mistake of calling Robin crummy » | Richard C. Meyer's graphic novel is a good project... » | Leftists try to exploit a conservative writer's cr... » | Why does Steve Englehart think nobody does anythin... » 

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 

Grant Morrison is leaving Action Comics and Batman Inc

He may even be leaving superhero comics behind too, as he's now going to work on projects unrelated to superhero stuff. It's just as well, since his latest independent book, Happy, has what sounds like one of the most repellant plots I've heard of, even for an indie book, making it a new bottom of the barrel venture for Image.

Interestingly, Morrison was one of the reasons why George Perez decided to quit working on his part of the Superman reboot:
"I had no idea Grant Morrison was going to be working on another Superman title. I had no idea I was doing it five years ahead, which means ... my story, I couldn't do certain things without knowing what he did, and Grant wasn't telling everybody. So I was kind of stuck. 'Oh, my gosh, are the Kents alive? What's his relationship with all of these characters? Who exists?' And DC couldn't give me answers. I said, 'Oh, my gosh, you're deciding all these things and you mean even you don't know what's going on in your own books?' So I became very frustrated ..."
He shouldn't have even participated in the first place, and this could only have been expected. And despite what he says in that article about Dan DiDio no longer being the last word, there is every chance he was, since his influence is still being felt all over the place at DC. That's pretty much why Morrison got to run wild on anything they let him write.

Update: on a semi-related note, the third issue of Batman Inc, which Morrison wrote, has been delayed in release for about a month, and here's why:
While DC Entertainment, a division of the Warner Bros Entertainment, did not divulge the exact nature of the "insensitive" imagery in the latest "Batman, Inc.," Chris Burnham, the illustrator of the series, posted on Twitter that the delay was "due some grim imagery that would seem wholly inappropriate given the Aurora killings."

He added that there was a specific scene "that made DC & the whole Bat-team say "Yikes." Too close for comfort."
The Reuters article noticeably doesn't mention that Morrison wrote the issue, though USA Today does. They're certainly doing the right thing to postpone the book's release.

Labels: , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.