« Home | Wall Street Journal makes a sensible argument for ... » | NPR journalist thinks only whites can be "nerds" » | New Flash TV show will feature at least 2 gay char... » | Green Arrow #89 from 1994: an early example of gun... » | SDCC coverage again has little to say about printe... » | Batman may be thriving, but comic sales aren't » | Salon gushes over so-called diversity while callin... » | Gail Simone seemingly cares for marginalized writers » | Slott's ambiguity (and Brevoort's too) » | Ron Marz thinks liberals couldn't possibly be disa... » 

Thursday, July 31, 2014 

Salman Rushdie likes Superman with the red tights

Rushdie, the author of The Satanic Verses, who was threatened by Ayatollah Khomeini in 1989 for daring to be critical of Islam, went to see the premiere for Guardians of the Galaxy and told how he's an expert on the classical superhero stories. And not only that:
Rushdie, who since his breakup with Padma Lakshmi has been linked to beauties including Topaz Page-Green, said Superman’s his favorite hero because he wears “his underpants over his clothes.”
And DC went miles out of their way to change all that to something so dull and plastic-looking as the suit that's completely blue, all for the sake of WB studios, who followed suit with the costume in Man of Steel, because everything has to fit a certain PC pattern. This just shows how there's people out there who highly prefer the original costume designs, because the most famous ones are far better than the garish designs the publishers today think are more important than character drama.

Labels: , , ,

My respect for Rushdie has tripled.

Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is, I don't know which half.
classified ads site

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.