« Home | Bernie Wrightson, RIP » | New Justice League suffers from "diversity" almost... » | They pretend manga has no kabuki » | Even Stan Lee isn't immune to SJWs » | An interesting comment by Mike Baron » | More tweets by Busiek » | Salon doesn't want the Punisher to be popular with... » | Vox fudges up Magneto's exact history » | Shelly Bond's new, politicized anthology » | Eisner's New York history » 

Monday, March 20, 2017 

Captain America movie star can't keep himself from going anti-Trump

Chris Evans, who's played Captain America in both the titular films and the Avengers movies, can't help but feel leftist rage and fury at Donald Trump's presidency:
“I feel rage. I feel fury,” the 35-year-old actor told Esquire for the magazine’s April cover story.

“It’s unbelievable. People were just so desperate to hear someone say that someone is to blame,” he added. “They were just so happy to hear that someone was angry. Hear someone say that Washington sucks. They just want something new without actually understanding. I mean, guys like Steve Bannon—Steve Bannon!—this man has no place in politics.”

Evans — who supported Democrat Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential campaign — has been an outspoken critic of Trump on social media. The actor has criticized the president’s executive orders on immigration, and last year accused him of “energizing lies.” [...]
Yep, all that coming from somebody who buys into almost every lie engineered by Clinton's side of the spectrum. It's stunning how many leftists can only think of lambasting Bannon despite his having good credentials, but I guess it's not shocking at all.

Oddly enough, he admits his political statements won't make everybody happy, yet says:
“[...] If I state my case and people don’t want to go see my movies as a result, I’m okay with that.”
He's okay if his movies flop and gets reduced to a footnote in Hollywood as a result? IMHO, if an actor can't keep himself from being so ultra-leftist while most conservatives are forced to shut up, then he shouldn't be in moviedom at all, and shouldn't be playing Captain America either. On which note:
...Evans revealed that he may hang up the Captain America shield after his upcoming appearances in Avengers: Infinity War and its planned sequel, which will shoot back-to-back beginning in April.
I wonder if this mean he'll be running for political office instead of acting? I don't know, but if he's going to be so tunnelvisioned in politics, then his departure from the Cap and Avengers roles is more than welcome. The sad thing about these modern movies based on Marvel/DC products is that the actors and directors filming them are hardly worthy of the material they're working on.

Labels: , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.