« Home | More negative metaphors for Donald Trump turn up i... » | Alex Ross was wise not to participate in making Id... » | What some writers/artists have to say about Trump'... » | Along comes the Secret Empire prelude, and with it... » | Marvel allegedly "hears" our concerns about Captai... » | Golfing manga » | Simone tells what it was like to work with Syaf » | The New Yorker pays lip service to G. Willow Wilson » | India's CRPF produces a comic about its battle to ... » | Ronald Perelman was a leading factor in Marvel's d... » 

Monday, May 08, 2017 

DC did a young readers line before, yet Gizmodo thinks this latest imprint is new

IO9/Gizmodo's talking about how DC is launching another imprint for younger readers, as though it never happened before:
Announced today in a series of editorial promotions, Vice President and Executive Editor Bobbie Chase will now be in charge of overseeing not just DC’s current imprints like Wildstorm and Young Animals, but a brand new Young Readers imprint set to launch in 2018.
They already had an imprint they called "Johnny DC", and look where that wound up - on the memory lane pile. And if the cover prices for this new line are more than children can afford - 3 dollars or more - then there's no chance this new imprint will do much better.

Labels: , ,

Johnny DC had Teen Titans Go, which outlasted the 2003 Teen Titans animated series by about three years, and the DCAU spinoff comics, so that was good stuff.

You know these Current Year sites, "before me, nothing; after me, everything." I suppose I shouldn't be that surprised that stuff from even a decade ago is now down the memory hole.

The new imprint, whatever it ends up being called ("Young Reader," possibly), is new. Yes, DC slapped the "Johnny DC" logo on a bunch of titles (mostly based on animated properties) aimed at younger readers ... but I don't see anyone suggesting this the publisher's first-ever effort. (For that matter, there was also the short-lived Minx imprint under the Vertigo umbrella, mostly targeting teen girls.)

DC does, however, seem to be fully staffing this initiative, with listings seeking an editor, associate editor and assistant editor.

Very interesting. http://thefederalist.com/2017/05/10/x-men-torture-head-heritage-think-tank-new-comic-book/

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.