« Home | An indie adventure set in Ohio » | The film adaptations came at the source material's... » | Kurt Busiek's latest attack on conservatives » | CNBC seems to be deliberately accusing Ike Perlmut... » | An animated series on Paramount Plus depicts a bla... » | A propagandist sugarcoats young-adult propaganda » | David Goyer turns to wokeness with a TV adaptation... » | The Family Guy cartoon attacks Sean Hannity » | A new NASA comic depicts their desire to send a la... » | Jim Zub thinks these celebs are worth upholding » 

Thursday, October 07, 2021 

Filipino comic adapted to cartoon

The Phillipine Star's Interaksyon site announced a local creation titled Ella Archangel is being adapted to animation:
Filipino horror-fantasy comic book “Ella Arcangel” is set to have its own animated film debut. [...]

Ella Arcangel is based on a comic book series by Julius Villanueva. It follows the story of a young mambabarang (sorcerer) who battles both men and mythical monsters in a strange community called Barangay Masikap.

In the second book of the series titled “Ella Arcangel: Awit ng Pangil at Kuko”, the lead character has to protect residents and the cats who are vulnerable to the attacks within the small portion of the big city.

Published by Haliya Publishing in 2017, the series covers local myths and Philippine folklore with themes of poverty, class warfare, abuse, and justice, among others.
I just wish this didn't emphasize the horror theme, not being a fan of horror myself, unless the story does provide the ability to make the reader think. Still, I think it is impressive to hear about foreign creations that get adapted to animation, and hopefully won't suffer the kind of political correctness only so many cartoons in the USA can.

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.