« Home | Older issues of BND were tacked onto latest sales ... » | DiDio admits that DC isn't trying to gain new foll... » | I never knew there was a Dick Tracy museum... » | Comic Book Carnival Twenty-One » | Quesada keeps on denying reality » | In September, a Teen Titan thought dead returns » | More comics in the classroom » | Titans trashed by Judd Winick » | Home computer in repair shop for a few days » | Palo Alto High School's manga artist club » 

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 

Chuck Dixon out of employment now at DC

On this thread at Dixonverse (via The Beat), he lets us know that:
I am no longer employed by DC Comics in any capacity.
The possible explanation? As indicated by one of the posters:
Chuck we spoke at FCBD for a few minutes. It seemed to me from what you said at the time you weren't too happy about having to interrupt your storylines for Batman RIP especially since Morrison kept changing things. I was speculating that perhaps the break was voluntary instead of forced with no basis in fact. My apologies. I am truly disappointed that you will not be continuing your excellent work on Robin and Batman at the Outsiders.
Sooner or later, this is going to really hurt DC and Marvel, and hard, as many aspiring writers will be discouraged from working for them if their work is going to be sabotaged for the sake of these editorially mandated crossovers. This could even explain why so few writers in recent years have been able to work on a series for at least four years.

Update: Dixon has now announced on his board, "I did not quit." While he may not actually confirm it, this raises the question: was he fired?

More about this on Comics Should Be Good.

Labels: , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.