« Home | Rob Liefeld says he's retiring from drawing Deadpool » | Alleged racism in A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving TV ... » | Professional wrestler to star in live action adapt... » | A mangaka sadly committed suicide after controvers... » | Grumble, grumble: one of my statistics counters no... » | What good does even a What If? comic based on the ... » | This is why the following video game based on Suic... » | A crime-thriller starring teen girls that unfortun... » | Some online comic strips are turning up based on M... » | Geoff Johns wrote his last insult to DC fans on hi... » 

Thursday, February 08, 2024 

Jose Delbo, RIP

Legacy's announced a veteran artist of Argentinian descent, Jose Delbo, has passed away at 90. Here's some history of his career:
Delbo’s journey into comic book history began as a teenager in Argentina, the country of his birth. His first professional work was published when he was just 16 years old. Political instability eventually drove him from the country, and after spending a few years in Brazil, he settled in the United States in 1963. There he drew “Billy the Kid” for Charlton Comics, did television adaptations for Dell, including “The Mod Squad,” “The Brady Bunch,” and “Gentle Ben,” and penciled many issues of “Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery” for Gold Key Comics.

In 1976, Delbo began a six-year tenure on “Wonder Woman” for DC, spanning most of the run between issues #222 and #286. His work also appeared in “Action Comics,” “Teen Titans,” and many more. In the late 1980s, he began drawing for Marvel Comics, most notably on their popular series “The Transformers.” Delbo drew most issues from #36 to #67, as well as other Marvel titles.
I guess when somebody first draws adaptations of TV shows, it's only natural he'd later go on to draw toy merchandise to boot. I vaguely recall some of his work, and he certainly was a talented artist. And a sad shame he's now gone.

Labels: , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.