« Home | Jeph Loeb [semi-]exclusive to Marvel » | They returned just so that they could die - after ... » | William Messner-Loebs is back! » | The Frightful Four sales-via-controversy statements » | Interesting review of Teen Titans #26 Vol. 3 » | Identity Crisis was "inspired" by a bad story » | DC didn't say earlier that you'd need to read Supe... » | Fantastic Four computer console games » | Did Avi Arad stoop to propaganda? » | LA Times fawns over "The First Genuine Middle East... » 

Saturday, August 13, 2005 

Paperback Reader overestimated Infinite Crisis

On Paperback Reader some time ago, the website's co-founder Barry Shaffner did a little bit of sugarcoating of DC's Infinite Crisis, and certainly seems to take it for granted:
"Have you seen the new DC? The company has rolled out a new logo that looks good considering that there really is only so much one can do with the letters. This should signal something to all of us out here in comicbookland. DC is not playing. Their competition has beaten them for years by sheer volume on the shelves and the different trade tricks they have to make it look like sales are better than they are. That is all in the past. DC has locked onto a decidedly clear path that the future of this company and their comics will follow. It is becoming apparent that the INFINITE CRISIS is not a sales gimmick. This is a well thought out restructuring of a massive continuity. Will it work? That remains to be seen."
Heh heh heh. After what happened with the crossover involving Superman, Wonder Woman and the OMAC Project, discussed in this earlier topic, that's a little hard to believe, I'm afraid. And while DC may have gained a slight edge over Marvel in sales charts two or three months ago, this month's sales results show that they've pretty much slid behind again.

Sorry, Barry.

Labels: ,

Are you one of the five readers? I like to think of the long race as well. I write as it comes to me like many online, the difference being that I have no time or ability to roam through every piece of data, it is opinion, and I stick by it. Glad to see people reading the column though.
Barry [Hatcher] Shaffner

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.