« Home | Liberals in the comic world who balked at conserva... » | A look back at Calvin and Hobbes » | Mallard Fillmore and Chicks With Guns » | Spidey 3 features...the Sandman! » | Another DC x-over may be on the horizon » | West Coast Avengers #10: the member who almost joined » | Civil War finale delayed, but Scripps-Howard still... » | Amazing Marvel Universe » | The Express-Times sensationalizes Marvel's villifi... » | Film Fodder analyzes One Year Later » 

Thursday, January 18, 2007 

In the new Punisher series, S.H.I.E.L.D hires the wrong agent

There appears to be something wrong with what's in the script for the new Punisher War Journal series. In the premiere issue:
Agent Sitwell recruits G.W. Bridge, who's praying at a mosque, back to SHIELD to bring in Frank Castle.
It's bad enough that Civil War was written as an attack on US government policy, but now, they have to take S.H.I.E.L.D, Nick Fury's respectable law enforcement agency in the fictional world and tarnish that too, by making it seem as though they're willing to hire potential jihadists? Good grief.

And while Bridge may resign from SHIELD later on:
Bridge quits as he knows that while on the SHIELD payroll, he won't be able to cross the moral line that he needs to in order to bring The Punisher down.
It sounds to me as though this is more of an attempt to dodge any criticism. Sorry, but, that doesn't explain why they ever bothered to hire this character in the first place, or why, if he's willing to resort to plain deadly force to attack Frank Castle, that they're letting Bridge run around loose either.

That aside, Captain America is certainly tarnished here, when in the second issue, he's hiring thugs:
Captain America is talking with Diamondback to accept a few villains on his side. Punisher isn't having any of this, and being the Punisher, blows away Goldbug and the Plunderer right in front of Cap.
He even blew away Stiltman in the first. Do I get the feeling that this offing of some of the supercrooks may not last so long? I don't know, but for now, I'm disgusted that Cap's being depicted as badly as he is, hiring criminals to back his own movement in Civil War.

Labels: , , , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.