« Home | Makes sense: why should anyone have to re-slosh th... » | They grow up in buyers, but not in how they're wri... » | No replacement accepted, and no gun either » | I wish I could share Stan Lee's optimism, but it's... » | If the Justice League movie is really like this, I... » | Western Penn. resident now owns classic Detective ... » | ACLU, phonies that they are, put out comic propaga... » | Newsarama was acquired by Imaginova » | The Pigman cometh! » | "One More Day" shouldn't have to sell anything, no... » 

Sunday, October 14, 2007 

Crossovers do alienate some people

Another blogger who's understandably unhappy with the crossovers stemming from Countdown:
There's also Countdown #30, which I only bring up because we're inching closer and closer to that magic issue #26, which promises to shake up the whole DCU. A lot of other DC issues are ruined this week dues to Countdown, however, like Detective Comics #837 and Supergirl #22, which are both purely Countdown-tie-in-garbage.
I certainly can't blame anyone for being put off by the ever increasing flow of crossovers, some of which, I've noticed, are written so that it's not like they actually go company-wide, but still manage to infiltrate quite a few books; a very clever trick that Identity Crisis perpetrated as well. It all has what to do with miniserials that serve as the wheel hub, and any and all connecting books/series are the spokes in said wheel.

I'm sure some wish that the shakeup spoken of were the one that finally fixes all mistakes made in the past three or more years. Unfortunately, there's no garuntee with DiDio in charge.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.