« Home | Frank Miller talks about directing the Spirit adap... » | Old Marvel classics go online » | "Shooting War" may be anti-war » | The revolting abuse of a once-great art form » | Hmm, maybe it's a good thing I didn't read "Planet... » | Jim Starlin: I think it's past his bedtime » | Comic Book Carnival Number Fourteen » | I wonder if Vertigo is destined to go the way of M... » | Superman's history in showbiz » | Student art forum networking » 

Thursday, November 15, 2007 

A perfect excuse to rip people off

I've looked at a couple examples of what the "Search for Ray Palmer" is like, such as in the review given here, and it's apparent that DC's editors are just looking for more tired excuses to drag it all out in a shipload of specials. And if that's the case, then I see no reason for anyone to waste their money.

Thanks to this, it wouldn't surprise me if any excitement that could've come from hearing that the multiverse was coming back has disappeared when it becomes apparent that they're just turning it into something more like a whole set of tourist attractions and gardens to look at. What a waste.

And who knows if even after Final Crisis, anything will be fixed?

Update: and while we're on the subject, let me just vent my displeasure in learning that Gail Simone may have insulted the Katarthans when, according to this item, the would-be ones who appear in issue #13 of the All-New Atom refer to Ray Palmer as "Pama". Might I point out that the Katarthans were a lot more intelligent than what the new series' tommyrot probably makes them out to be, and that to make fun of them by making them sound absurd for the sake of comedy is insulting the older material from the mid-80s, even subtly? That these supposed Katarthans in this new story seem to hate Ray is another detractor.

I learned that the "trip" they took to the jungle may have just been a clever fake-out conjured up by a villain in the piece, but that's still no excuse for adding insult to injury by insulting a notable alien community that appeared during the Bronze/Iron Age, and by putting out yet one more story that only drags things on and on with no clear way to tell how it ends, as the story was, after all, just a lead-in to one of the Countdown features.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.