« Home | Still not enough » | Straczynski disagrees, but goes along with it anyway » | Comic Book Carnival Number Fifteen » | Coffee table books may be even more expensive than... » | Soon, DC may not have sales going above 100,000 » | Dixon talks about his new work on the Outsiders » | Maybe if today's youngsters were introduced to the... » | A Jason Todd publicity stunt, and a clear picture ... » | Who is he to address this issue? » | A soldier and not a superhero? » 

Thursday, December 06, 2007 

Radio Singapore interview with Kurt Busiek

Radio Singapore International interviewed Kurt Busiek, who was in Singapore to attend the Writer's Festival.

Having found this, it reminds me of an important question that could sure use an answer: what does Busiek think of Marvel for tearing down a considerable amount of work he did to help revitalize many of Marvel's best superheroes, among other characters, when he was working for them during the late 1990s to early 2000s? Come to think of it, what does he think of DC for tearing down a considerable amount of good things about their own superheroes that he isn't working on, but which could still rub off on what he's doing in some way or other? I've found it quite troubling at times that little to no pros are willing to step forward and argue about how current editorial staffs at both companies are wrecking much of what their superhero worlds were built on when they first began, including heroism.

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.