« Home | Dixon talks about his new work on the Outsiders » | Maybe if today's youngsters were introduced to the... » | A Jason Todd publicity stunt, and a clear picture ... » | Who is he to address this issue? » | A soldier and not a superhero? » | Tacoma News Tribune fawns over Brian Michael Bendis » | The comic that caused an overreaction from within » | Happy Thanksgiving » | If DC parted with Time Warner, would that be a goo... » | Sometimes, change can be too much, and meaningless » 

Saturday, December 01, 2007 

Soon, DC may not have sales going above 100,000

If the current sales analysis offered at The Beat blog is any indication, DC Comics are slowly losing any titles selling above 100,000 copies. The last one to truly come that close is Justice League of America, with Justice Society coming close at 99,000 copies. This does however confirm something I've been pondering at times, that the only reason why Justice League sold as well as it did by today's standards is because the pretentious Brad Meltzer has an audience that's willing to shell out money for something that, to most others, was pretty dull. Another thing it suggests? That these people clearly weren't interested in becoming comic addicts.

Point to make: this is exactly why the companies have to start changing their approach, as writers who only seem to be favored for their ability to draw in crowds from another medium they're already working in are not the way to go. Ditto those who pull tasteless acts and then try only so hard to prove that they're not what we consider them to be as a result.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.