« Home | February's sales were pretty weak » | Review of Matamoros » | IMO, nobody involved in Secret Invasion is trustwo... » | I hope people don't fall for this gimmick » | Another college newspaper sugarcoats Civil War in ... » | Pure sleaze » | Dave Stevens, RIP » | McClatchy News may have said something right about... » | Dan Slott is beginning to show his true colors » | Orlando MegaCon » 

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 

Did the wives of the Justice Leaguers ever go up to the sattelite station on their own?

It's time now to address a little something more related to the implausibilites of Identity Crisis that I almost forgot for some time now. And it's this: did the wives of the male members of the JLA ever just go up to their Bronze Age sattelite station without anyone else present to supervise them? And I think that answer to that is, if anything, doubtful.

I went to the DCU Guide website, and looked at the chronology of appearances for Sue Dibny. Up to 1995, it's got pretty much all her appearances. Many of her appearances back then were largely excluded to just the Elongated Man's own backup stories that were published mainly in Detective Comics for many years. The only story where she appeared in Justice League of America at the time was in issue #105. In fact, it was the only time when she really went up to the sattelite station, and with other superheroes already present. Afterwards, it was several years before she had anything to do with the JLA again, beginning with two appearances in JLofA #191 and #194 in 1981, and later on during 1984-85. And as far as I know, if she, or any other wife of a superhero, teleported up to the station, it was usually when either their husband, or other heroes, or both, were around.

My point? As far as I know, even if the wives knew the secret IDs of the heroes/husbands, that doesn't mean they were allowed to just beam on into the station because they felt like it, using the devices either kept around the house or available at another location. It was otherwise an exclusive club, where civilian access was restricted. And I doubt that any of the wives ever went up there without permission, completely unsupervised.

And that's one of the many big story holes that took place in Identity Crisis, as big as a black one in space. But I guess the more important hole in the story is - would Dr. Light have ever pulled a rape crime, after he'd been established as a villain with some rationale for almost 2 decades after his first appearance? The answer to that should be pretty easy to figure out, and it's "no". If a villain like the Living Laser or the Wizard didn't do such things, neither would Dr. Light.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.