« Home | A manga book about the history of the Aum Supreme ... » | 2 Smallville actresses were involved with misogyni... » | Justice League #42 is making me lose respect for C... » | Marvel presents another poor example of advertisin... » | CBR's fawning interview with Dan Slott prior to hi... » | One scribe goes overboard slandering Ethan van Sci... » | Reusing ideas from Infinite Crisis is no improvement » | African comics writers get boost by Black Panther ... » | Gerard Jones has changed his plea in court to guilty » | Image still hasn't done enough to apologize for th... » 

Saturday, April 07, 2018 

A pro-wrestler's shop in Rochester NY focuses on comics and cereal

The Rochester Democrat & Chronicle wrote about one of the few stores opening today with a focus on comics, alongside coffee and cereal. Their method of business is like this:
The shop represents their love for pop culture, from cartoons to comic books.

"I remember going with my dad to the comic book store," Hilton said. His wish is to foster that enthusiasm in the next generation, with a family-friendly business that appeals to many generations.

For comic book readers, it will offer a comic discovery program. For $20 per month, members will be able to read 20 different titles in the shop each week (they will be selected by the shop) and will also get a discount on purchases.
Here's the challenging question: what kind of comics, or, from what companies will they be? IMO, they should focus carefully, and not offer customers material pandering to SJWs, whether from the Big Two or smaller companies. They could try to offer products from publishers like Alterna, Rothic or Dark Horse, and the better the quality, the better their program can benefit from their offerings. Comic shop managers at this point have to start considering why quality matters, in order to built a better future for comicdom.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.