« Home | Anne Frank's history was exploited for a ludicrous... » | More examples of too much villain worship in the p... » | Cryptozoologist from Maine stars in comics, and fo... » | Specialty store in Alberta, Canada closes » | Where Jurgens went with Thor in 2003 didn't do any... » | Jim Zub laments that the new Dungeons & Dragons fi... » | Business at a notable specialty store in Australia » | Archie produces horror anthology set at summer camp » | Kurt Busiek and Ron Marz support politically motiv... » | Joe Quesada hired by Amazon for TV and film adapta... » 

Tuesday, April 11, 2023 

Al Jaffee, RIP

Over a month ago, I'd written about the history of MAD magazine cartoonist Al Jaffee, who'd lived to be as old as 102. Now, CBS has reported he's sadly passed away:
Al Jaffee, Mad magazine's award-winning cartoonist and ageless wise guy who delighted millions of kids with the sneaky fun of the Fold-In and the snark of "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions," has died. He was 102.

Jaffee died Monday in Manhattan from multiple organ failure, according to his granddaughter, Fani Thomson. He had retired at the age of 99.
He certainly did work in the art for a long time, and his contributions of the past are greatly appreciated. Now, sadly, he's gone. Let's make sure his satires are remembered fondly for years to come.

Labels: ,

Thanks

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.