« Home | PC-putdown of Bill Loebs' Flash run » | I thought Captain America was a fictional character » | "Wanted" embraces brutality as a positive, liberat... » | Shocking new trend in Manga » | Comic books movies may be even more sexist than th... » | Superman's rogues gallery is "weak?" » | An early form of Moon-Bat writing? » | Bat-babes have suffered the most » | NYC Comic-con's debut is spoiled by yet more prete... » | Oops, they cheated! » 

Thursday, November 24, 2005 

Is DC becoming Marvel-lite?

When I think about their apparent intention to relaunch Wonder Woman, following the second volume's ending at issue #226, and, as may have been mentioned on CBR, to "restore" the Justice League to a 500th issue, the more apparent it becomes to me that out of nowhere, they suddenly decided to mimic some of Marvel's own tactics, both past and recent, which is none other than sales stunts.

It appears that even The Flash may end up being relaunched, following issue #230 of its own second volume, although the info for this issue by contrast does not seem to mention or confirm if that's going to be so. What I did notice, however, was that the February solicits they offer on their website do not include the Scarlet Speedster's own series.

I'm going to be quite honest, but, when it comes to that, while relaunching, let alone restoration of a specific numbering, may be only a minor nitpick, I find the way that DC seems to be imitating some of the most needless sales stunt tactics Marvel took in the past few years to be quite irksome.

And while a return to more optimistic viewpoints for their comics is quite welcome, ditto Mark Waid's returning to write the Flash's adventures, as they say is now the case, the way that they're going about it with sales stunts attached most certainly isn't.

For the record, I noticed that Gotham Knights and Gotham Central are certainly on the kill list at DC. In regards to the latter, I have nothing to say, but when it comes to the former, I didn't find it all that bad, seeing that that's where a lot of the Gotham cast was more likely to turn up, so that's certainly a shame if it's ending.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.