« Home | Differences between Miller and Moore's politics » | Stan Lee's 89th birthday » | Nashua Telegraph fawns over Grant Morrison's new book » | USA Today fawns over crossovers and even Matt Frac... » | Matt Fraction appears to have politicized the raid... » | Kyoto's manga museum exhibits American-drawn books » | Just as we might've thought: DC is still going to ... » | Marvel keeps up the confusion surrounding Cable » | DC cutting back on their digital offerings » | Eduardo Barreto dies at 57 » 

Sunday, January 01, 2012 

Morrison is unkind to Krypto

Just a few issues into the relaunched Action Comics and in the 5th issue, it turns out that Krypto the Superdog is either being thrown out of the picture cavalierly, or, he becomes a phantom pooch in the rebooted Phantom Zone. Gee, I thought Grant Morrison was one of those writers who liked the Silver Age only so much, and here he's putting on a pretty disrespectful show for some of that era's elements. I wonder why? Maybe he doesn't have as much faith in the Silver Age as he'd like us all to think?

If he didn't want to use Krypto, so be it, but sending him into the Phantom Zone to phase him out of the picture, or turning him into a darker variation on the original, is only sending a signal of disrespect to all the hard work past writers did, and even for all the people who grew up reading the older material. Not to mention that it only furthers the descent into bleakness this new rendition looks to be facing.

Labels: , ,

"I'll get you, Superman, and your little dog, too!"

Sighs. What point did that accomplish, Morrison? What's next -- turn the Super-Cat into roadkill?

(Ironically, my Word Verification has the word, 'dog,' in it. How about that?)

If Morrison and other hack writers loved the Silver Age as much as they claimed, they wouldn't resort to this kind of nonsense and would actually write stories that people want to read.

CP

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.