« Home | Gene Ha tries some kind of moral equation » | Why should we need to get the FF back at this point? » | Dan Slott incurred the wrath of LGBTs and SJWs » | Mark Waid retweets comment defending Planned Paren... » | New Lego-Marvel computer game shoehorns propaganda » | "Fantastic Failure" is bad for comic fans, but so ... » | A list of more snide remarks by Marz » | Marvel loses audience from the left » | Greg Capullo gets in hot water by retweeting sick ... » | Why would boilerplate leftists like Nexus? » 

Thursday, August 13, 2015 

Why does the notion of dressing WW in pants still prevail?

Yanick Paquette posted the following pic from a mini he and the overrated Grant Morrison are doing with Wonder Woman:

Granted, she's going sleeveless (but not strapless), unlike the recent change to full armor in the regular ongoing series. But if this picture says something, she's been drawn wearing trousers yet again. I just don't see what the point is, unless Morrison and the main staff at DC are saying they think she's a shameful creation from a modern perspective.

If trousers are really such a big deal to them, that's why there's Donna Troy and some of her outfits to focus on (and there's several other superheroines at both mainstream publishers who wear pants too). There's no need to turn WW into another one, and certainly not into the PC-laden joke that's going on now with the armor.

Labels: , ,

Some people like trousers and others don't, which one are you?

If DC would show half as much dedication to story quality as they do gimmicky costume changes, who knows what their sales numbers would look like?

Grant Morrison is hardly overrated and this is one of the few DC books I'm actually looking forward to, trousers or no trousers. There's plenty of other bathing beauty comics you can read I'm sure.

I remember about the time Yanick Paquette was a semi-regular in CBR's chat room there were other guys who had done art for WW books... one dude told me he loved the gig and said he was able to go to stripper bars and write it off on his taxes as anatomy research.

Definitely a cultural change 13 or more years later. I'm pretty sure talking to people about going to strippah bars would kind of make you an unperson in the SJW sanctuaries that publish comics now.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.