« Home | Marvel emphasizes the demise of a major character ... » | Who would've thought Dan Slott would have a proble... » | A Titans TV show wouldn't work well with Akiva Gol... » | Conway sells out on Marvel creations, and only bla... » | How can a fictional character truly think anything... » | I just don't see why Bendis is worried about Angou... » | DC only gained mockery from those they sought to a... » | A Campbell illustration where Mary Jane is beside ... » | Neal Adams caves to dhimmitude and liberal guilt m... » | Joss Whedon's quitting his work with Marvel movies » 

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 

Stan Lee's eyesight is deteriorating

Lee's revealed that his eyesight is sadly fading in his old age:
Stan Lee, the former president of Marvel Comics and creator of Spiderman, has revealed his eyesight has become so bad he can no longer read.

The 93-year-old - who co-created the likes of the webbed superhero, the Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, and X-Men during his long-standing stellar career with Marvel - says he is not blind, but reading is no longer possible.

'My eyesight has gotten terrible and I can't read comic books anymore,' Lee said in a new interview with the Radio Times.

Lee continued: 'The print is too small. Not only a comic book, but I can't read the newspaper or a novel or anything. I can't even read a script.

'I come up with ideas for stories and somebody writes an outline for me – but I can't read it.

'I have to hope it's good. If something is very important, they print it in very big type for me to read – but that's all I can do. I have the same trouble with hearing. It's awful to feel a thousand years old.'

Lee described losing his eyesight as his 'biggest miss in the world'.

'I miss reading 100 per cent,' he told the magazine.
He wouldn't be the only veteran of comicdom whose eyesight unfortunately began ailing in later times. Even Joe Shuster's eyesight began fading towards the end of his life. But it's certainly sad when guys with as impressive a record as they've had end up suffering from weakening eyesight as time goes by.

Labels: , , ,

That is very sad, but if there is one positive it would be that he can't see the damage that the current writers have done and continue to do to his creations.

Let's hope something can be done though to improve his sight.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.