« Home | Recent Latina superheroine creations appear to be ... » | The guests and the sales at this year's Western Ma... » | What's become of Joss Whedon, once a director of c... » | Special event held at Austin hospital featuring bo... » | People who either loathe or love GNs » | What social media users think of Black Adam movie » | What creators are attending a festival in Arizona » | What's really distasteful about Marvel's project w... » | New documentary produced about the history of Love... » | Larry Hama's GI Joe run ends after 4 decades, and ... » 

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 

Black Adam fighting Superman is the whole point of the new movie

Cinema Blend interviewed pretentious wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne Johnson, now cast in the role of Black Adam, and he stated the whole point of the film is to see the villain combating Superman:
Absolutely. That is the whole point of this man. Thank you for asking that. And I have been saying for some time, there's a new era in the DC Universe that's about to begin. And what I meant by that was introducing a brand new character. It's not a sequel, not an existing IP. It was...you know, Black Adam! Two years ago the world had no idea who he was. We did, but not, you know, the rest of the mass out there. Introducing the JSA, introducing that new era of the DC universe. But also what I really meant by, ‘This is a new era in the DC Universe,’ is listening to the fans. Listening to the fans. And doing our best to give the fans what they want. And maybe, sometime down the road — and I went through this in pro wrestling — is you can't always give them what you want. But you'll always know that we're listening. And in this case, with what you and I are talking about, I have been listening and I've been wanting to address fans for years. Because I've been waiting for someone to step up and address the fans and say, ‘Hey, we hear you.’ So finally, after many months turned into many years, we ended up with what we ended up at. And the whole goal and intention now is to this new era, new time. Now let's build out.
Better yet, let's stay home. If Henry Cavill's returning to the Man of Steel's role in this movie, they couldn't have picked a worse way in which to do so. Because, if the whole point is for Black Adam to emerge triumphant over Superman, that's not what I'd want to see. If that's the case, some "listening to fans" alright! So why say they're listening, when it's only with one ear, or neither? This sounds more reminiscent of Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice, only this time, with a quasi-villain in the spotlight.

So again, I won't be putting my money into the filmmakers' pockets. What might once have excited me now comes across more as an excuse to employ mountains of special effects. And while some may say it'd make sense for Johnson to look cartoonish in some of the still pictures advertising this film, it makes it hard for me to take him seriously. That's why I honestly prefer animation, though at this point, it's too late for anything produced by Warner Brothers to interest or impress me.

Update: it's also been discovered that WB reportedly didn't want to rehire Cavill as Superman. But if the whole point of his role in Black Adam is to clash with Johnson, then it's hardly a celebration.

Labels: , , , ,

About me

  • I'm Avi Green
  • From Jerusalem, Israel
  • I was born in Pennsylvania in 1974, and moved to Israel in 1983. I also enjoyed reading a lot of comics when I was young, the first being Fantastic Four. I maintain a strong belief in the public's right to knowledge and accuracy in facts. I like to think of myself as a conservative-style version of Clark Kent. I don't expect to be perfect at the job, but I do my best.
My profile

Archives

Links

  • avigreen2002@yahoo.com
  • Fansites I Created

  • Hawkfan
  • The Greatest Thing on Earth!
  • The Outer Observatory
  • Earth's Mightiest Heroines
  • The Co-Stars Primer
  • Realtime Website Traffic

    Comic book websites (open menu)

    Comic book weblogs (open menu)

    Writers and Artists (open menu)

    Video commentators (open menu)

    Miscellanous links (open menu)

  • W3 Counter stats
  • Bio Link page
  • blog directory Bloggeries Blog Directory View My Stats Blog Directory & Search engine eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page  
    Flag Counter

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    make money online blogger templates

Older Posts Newer Posts

The Four Color Media Monitor is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.